Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Feed Blog 2


My response to the passage: “They’re also waiting to make you want things. Everything we’ve grown up with…it’s all streamlining our personalities so we’re easier to sell to…they do these demographic studies that divide everyone up into a few personality types, and then you get ads based on what you’re supposedly like. They try to figure out who you are, and to make you conform to one of their types for easy marketing.” When I read this passage I find it sort of creepy because it is like having a permanent stalker in your head, observing your every action. Then after the stalker learns everything about you, at the opportunity they strike by drawing you into a trap. Things like that in today’s society would be something like Google or YouTube. I know that Google and YouTube can gather up all the things you have searched and compile them, to make a suggestion on what else you would like to search or view. If there were a profile for me I think it would be for all the new technology. So I would probably get ads about feed programs and updates and all the stuff that makes all my different technological experience better. If I had a chat I think I would use it because it’s basically like texting on a phone. It wouldn’t affect my communication any more than my cell phone does, as far as I think.

Violets project was to create a personal profile. She wanted to create a profile that was screwed up so that the feed would not be able to put her under a certain category and so that she would become invisible. Her willingness to do this sais about her that she is maybe careless or rebellious. People like her in life are emotional people or “emo” people, they tend to rebel and try to become invisible to planet. At first Titus was a little confused by violets project but then he kind of rolled along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment